Deakin Residents’ Association Inc. is a non-profit association incorporated in the Australian Capital Territory
DRA objectives are:
To enhance the residential, suburban, social and environmental qualities of Deakin, consistent with garden city planning principles.
To contribute through community discussion to planning and land management in the ACT as it impacts on Deakin residents.
Membership is open to any resident of Deakin or holder of a residential lease in Deakin.
Our current focus is on:
- Retaining Deakin’s garden-suburb environment
- Overflow parking into Deakin streets
- Vehicle numbers, speed, and pedestrian safety
- Impact and benefits of proposed Light Rail
- Constraining non-compliant property developers and dodgy builders
The Committee for 2017-18 is:
- President – George Wilson
- Vice-President – John Bell
- Secretary – Helen Allnutt
- Treasurer – Kate Hambly
- Member – Joel Tu
- Member – Di Johnstone [Public Officer]
- Member – Mary Baumgarten
- Member - Jeremy Stringer
Current Issues - 2017
Over 3,000 people signed our petition for better planning to protect Red Hill Woodland, including Section 66 Deakin (Kent Street) and the Federal Golf Course