Deakin Residents’ Association Inc. is a non-profit association incorporated in the Australian Capital Territory
DRA objectives are:
To enhance the residential, suburban, social and environmental qualities of Deakin, consistent with garden city planning principles.
To contribute through community discussion to planning and land management in the ACT as it impacts on Deakin residents.
Membership is open to any resident of Deakin or holder of a residential lease in Deakin.
Our current focus is on:
- Retaining Deakin’s garden-suburb environment
- Overflow parking into Deakin streets
- Vehicle numbers, speed, and pedestrian safety
- Impact and benefits of proposed Light Rail
- Constraining non-compliant property developers and dodgy builders
The Committee for 2016-17 is:
- President – Dr George Wilson
- Vice-President – Di Johnstone [Public Officer]
- Secretary – Joel Tu
- Treasurer – Kate Hambly
- Member – Helen Allnutt
- Member – Dr John Bell
- Member – Mary Baumgarten
Current Issues - 2017
Canberra’s Planning and Building rules. How can they be improved? PUBLIC FORUM Tuesday 12 September 2017 7.00 pm Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley St, Griffith
RECORD OF PUBLIC MEETING CONVENED BY DEAKIN RESIDENTS’ ASSOCATION, CANBERRA BRIDGE CLUB, 16 AUGUST 2017 The following link contains a record prepared by the DRA,
The shortage of parking at the Equinox Building is causing overflows of 50 – 100 cars into the adjacent former bowling club site and nearby