Deakin Residents’ Association Inc. is a non-profit association incorporated in the Australian Capital Territory
DRA objectives are:
To enhance the residential, suburban, social and environmental qualities of Deakin, consistent with garden city planning principles.
To contribute through community discussion to planning and land management in the ACT as it impacts on Deakin residents.
Membership is open
- to any resident of Deakin, ‘
- the holder of a residential lease in Deakin, or
- is approved by the Committee as sharing the objectives of the Association.
Our current focus is on:
- Retaining Deakin’s garden-suburb environment
- Overflow parking into Deakin streets
- Vehicle numbers, speed, and pedestrian safety
- Impact and benefits of proposed Light Rail
- Constraining non-compliant property developers and dodgy builders
- Being proactive to improve our suburb
The Committee for 2018-19 (from April 2019) is:
- President – George Wilson
- Vice-Pres – John Bell
- Secretary – Martin Jennings
- Treasurer – Kate Hambly
- Member – Di Johnstone [Public Officer]
- Member – Mary Baumgarten
- Member – Helen Allnutt
- Member – Jenny Cahill