Deakin Residents’ Association Inc.
Public meeting 18 Nov 2020
Bridge Club, Duff Place, Deakin
6 00 pm Emma Davidson MLA (Emma is the newly elected Greens member for Murrumbidgee. She has been elevated to the ACT Cabinet, as Minister for Families and Community Services (assistant); Disability; Justice Health; Mental Health. She will discuss what she sees as priorities for the new ACT Government. Members have also expressed an interest in hearing about:
- DRA has for years been calling for a Master Plan to be developed to integrate Kent St traffic with developments such as Equinox,
- Light rail Stage 2 is going ahead at vast cost but no information on alternatives and relative benefits and damage to the Garden City heritage values.
- What progress has been made on the 66 recommendations of the report on “The Inquiry into Engagement with the Development Application Process in the ACT”. This commenced under another Greens member, Caroline Le Couteur.
6.30 pm Ian Bushnell Editor the community newspaper the RiotACT will be our other guest speaker. The RiotACT is based in Napier Close, Deakin so Ian also has an interest in the need for a master plan for Deakin and Yarralumla. Ian is a career journalist and a former News Editor and Chief of Reporting staff at The Canberra Times.
There will be time allocated to each speaker to allow for questions from the floor.
7:00 pm AGM and Business Agenda
- Welcome and apologies
- Confirmation of Minutes of Annual General Meeting of 20 November 2019
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of Committee Members and Office Bearers.
- All positions are vacant.
- Nomination forms are at the link
- Other Business
- Close of Meeting
Please stay at home if unwell and get tested for Covid. Temperature checks and registration will be underway on arrival at the Bridge Club.
The meeting will be accessible by Zoom and will be recorded.
If you would like the link details contact email@example.com