A new Childcare Centre, 2 Two Storey residences approved for the St Luke’s Church Site
On 12 September 2022, The Planning and Land Authority, ACT Government, approved the Development Application submitted by the Anglican Church on 11 November 2021.
On 16 September 2022, the Decision was made known by email to those who had made representations.
The attached Page 1 of the 16 Page Notice of Decision, gives approval for:
- Demolition of the existing church building and associated structures,
- construction of a 120 place childcare centre including playrooms, amenities, and associated facilities, new landscaped outdoor play area,
- construction of new driveways, verge and carparking,
- construction of two new two-storey dwellings with attached garages for church use,
- civil works including lighting, pathways and fencing, landscaping including tree removal and replacement, and associated works, and
Variation of the Crown lease to permit child care centre, at Block 01 Section 30 DEAKIN, in accordance with the plans, drawings and other documentation approved and endorsed as forming part of this approval.
A copy of the application and the decision are available for inspection on the Public Register.
The Register can be inspected between 8:30am and 4:30pm weekdays at Access
Canberra Customer Service Centre, 8 Darling Street Mitchell, ACT.
If, however, you would like a copy of the full Notice of Decision please send an email to: email@example.com a copy of the Notice of Decision will be sent to your email address.
Representations in relation to the Development Application were submitted in December 2021 by the Deakin Residents Association and several nearby residents. The issues raised in these representations, especially in relation to parking and traffic flow, have seemingly had little or no impact on the decision to approve the Proposal.
A review of the decision can only be made through the ACT Civil and Administrative Appeals Tribunal (ACAT). An Application Form together with the required fee has to be lodged within 28 days.