Here is as an update on preparations for the Deakin Floriade display. Note the revised timings. If you can help, could you complete the form at the link https://forms.gle/Eevx51teGGTwRyDd9
Our allocation of 5600 bulbs and 5600 annuals: enough for approx 140 square will become available next week which is earlier than we anticipated.
- Sun 14th May at 10 30 raking of mulch, leaves and weeds and take to the tip.
- Thu 18 May – the first delivery of topsoil will occur in the morning courtesy of Terry Fox Landscapes, IgA and
Double Shot. GRW to manage.
- Fri 19th May at 1130, collection of bulbs and annuals and delivery to John Bell’s carport by GRW
- Fri 19th May 1300h, Fitness First will begin digging the beds. Extra help and tools are needed. GRW and Jason (FF) were present.
- Sat 20th further digging and extraction of last year’s bulbs. Scouts will plant them at the McGregor Street site. Robin Miller is in charge. Scout leader Janelle Tennent
- Sun 21st, 1400 planting of bulbs begins. John Bell and GRW
- Mid-week delivery of more soil if required.
- Sat 27th from 1030h planting of the remainder of bulbs and over the planting of annuals – John Bell
- Sun 28th placement of protective nets. – John Bell
To achieve the high impact of visual displays Floriade recommends a planting density of approximately 40 bulbs per square meter, layered with annuals over the top, also at 40 plants per square meter.
If you can’t open the survey form, Please get in touch with us
Some of the brilliant display is on our website at
Flowers looking better with every day – Deakin Residents Association