Deakin Residents’ Association Inc. is a non-profit association incorporated in the Australian Capital Territory
DRA objectives are:
To enhance the residential, suburban, social and environmental qualities of Deakin, consistent with garden city planning principles.
To contribute through community discussion to planning and land management in the ACT as it impacts on Deakin residents.
Membership is open
- to any resident of Deakin, ‘
- the holder of a residential lease in Deakin, or
- is approved by the Committee as sharing the objectives of the Association.
Apply for membership by clicking the button below.
Become A Member
Our current focus is on:
- Retaining Deakin’s garden-suburb environment
- Overflow parking into Deakin streets
- Vehicle numbers, speed, and pedestrian safety
- Impact and benefits of proposed Light Rail
- Constraining non-compliant property developers and dodgy builders
- Being proactive to improve our suburb
The amended Committee for 2022-23 is:
- President – John Bell
- Vice-Pres – George Wilson
- Secretary – Martin Jennings
- Treasurer –
- Member – Di Johnstone [Public Officer]
- Member – Robin Miller
- Member – Mark Rebentrost
- Member – Sue Gage
- Member – Krystyna Fitzgerald
- Member – Jodie Machin
- Member – Miles Blicharz
Reassessment of Light Rail stage II
DRA continues to be concerned about the growing expense of the Light Rail proposal – Civic to Woden compared to the benefits of alternative options such as electric buses and improved cycleways.
Through this initiative, DRA would like to raise awareness about the waste of public funds, environmental damage and highlight the need for wise investment in public transport.
Raising London Circuit (RLC)
DRA believes the National Capital Authority (NCA) should not grant Works Approval for RLC because it is part of Light Rail Stage II.
Support DRA in its initiatives by ‘following’ and ‘liking’ DRA’s Facebook page.
Support this campaign and join the DRA mailing list to stay updated on all future campaigns