Deakin Residents’ Association Inc. is a non-profit association incorporated in the Australian Capital Territory
DRA objectives are:
To enhance the residential, suburban, social and environmental qualities of Deakin, consistent with garden city planning principles.
To contribute through community discussion to planning and land management in the ACT as it impacts on Deakin residents.
Membership is open
- to any resident of Deakin, ‘
- the holder of a residential lease in Deakin, or
- is approved by the Committee as sharing the objectives of the Association.
Our current focus is on:
- Retaining Deakin’s garden-suburb environment
- Overflow parking into Deakin streets
- Vehicle numbers, speed, and pedestrian safety
- Impact and benefits of proposed Light Rail
- Constraining non-compliant property developers and dodgy builders
- Being proactive to improve our suburb
The Committee for 2021-22 is:
- President – Dr John Bell
- Vice-Pres – Prof George Wilson AM
- Secretary – Martin Jennings
- Treasurer – Bruce Taplin
- Member – Di Johnstone AM [Public Officer]
- Member – Peter Boege
- Member – Helen Allnutt
- Member – Sue Gage
- Member – Krystyna Fitzgerald
- Member – Melissa Peat
Raising London Circuit (RLC)
DRA believes the National Capital Authority (NCA) should not grant Works Approval for Raising London Circuit (RLC) because it is part of Light Rail stage 2A.
DRA continues to be concerned about the growing expense of the Light Rail proposal – Civic to Woden compared to the benefits of alternative options such as electric buses and improved cycleways.
Through this initiative, DRA would like to raise awareness about the waste of public funds, environmental damage and highlight the need for wise investment in public transport.
To view the plans and comment yourself, visit the National Capital Authority website and make a submission which closes on 24 Dec 2021
Submit your views on the National Capital Authority website
Support this campaign and join the DRA mailing list.
DONATE & SUPPORT DRA
Support this campaign, Donate today! Make a Deposit to the DRA account.
BSB: 633000 Account: 145088969